Train the Trainer Workshops
Our interactive workshops train Ambassadors to implement Stronger Hearts Exercise Program within your Aged Care Community. We have intentionally targeted Aged Care Communities, as we realise these may exist in various locations. These include: Retirement Villages, Aged Day Centres, Residential Aged Care Facilities, or any other intentional gathering of Seniors who are meeting to engage in regular exercise.
Stronger Hearts has been designed to supplement any existing exercise strategy already in place within your community. As it is exclusively web-based, Ambassadors may integrate the classes at a level and frequency of their choosing. Our workshops equip Ambassadors to utilise the Stronger Hearts portal at each stage of exercise programming – whether you are wanting to start a new program, update an existing one, or looking to promote exercise uptake and adherence.
Our Ambassadors come from a variety of disciplines. Whether you work as a Physiotherapist, Exercise Physiologist, Nurse, Diversional Therapist, Activity Officer, or Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator – this is a program that you can use as a tool in your exercise prescription arsenal.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the varied benefits of group exercise.
- Understand the rationale behind selecting, recruiting, and preparing Seniors for group exercise.
- Work within the medico-legal scope of your role as exercise leaders within your exercise community.
- Measure the impact of the program within your community.
- Navigate the Stronger Hearts web-based portal.
- Run and supervise a web-based group exercise session.
- Utilise principles of exercise adherence and motivational strategies in your exercise community.
Duration: Full day
Interested and would like more information?
We offer complimentary 15 minute Skype consultations to allow your community to explore whether Stronger Hearts Exercise Program is the right fit for you. We are happy to arrange a train the trainer day in your home or area (depending on accessibility). Please contact us via our contact page.
“We train Ambassadors through interactive workshops so they can use the program to support and add value to local initiatives not replace them. Classes have been designed as a tailored response to local challenges – we know that off the shelf recipe approaches to exercise are not able to meet local needs so we’ve designed the program to be utilised as local community leaders see fit.” – Adam Wilkes Physiotherapist